Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Spaghetti sqash and homeschooling soon.

So I made spaghetti sqash for the first time yesterday. Nadoona advised it last year instead of real spaghetti but I never got around to making it. I'd never tried it in my life before either. Only one of my kids liked it and I liked it a little so instead of it going to waste I decided to see if there was such thing as spaghetti squash bread and there is, so I morphed my meal into that! While it was baking its smelt amazing and then when I got to try it finally I thought; sweet and savoury. This time my kids actually liked it! Phew!

Homeschooling is something however that I've tried before. I didn't really want to go down that road again after way too many bumps but my son has decided he would like to be homeschooled again. Wasn't he the one who begged to go back? He is in grade 7 and not impressed with the curriculum which forces you to dance, listen to music and have co-ed gym. So insha Allah I will be homeschooling again. Already picked up his curriculum book Complete Canadian Curriculum for grade 7 from Indigo where I also got myself a blanket (its warm and cuddly, I couldn't resist). So maybe I'll start blogging about homeschooling again..hmm...

I wonder...does anyone read my blog anymore? Does anyone miss the book club? Is anybody out there? My daughter has accused me of abandoning my blog due to facebook but really its just that I'm not sure if anyone is interested in what I have to say anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Haha accused. Cool for homeschooling :) we can be homeschooling buddies now. I am interested in what you have to say!! me! me! write your blog all for me hahaa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at least I have one or two avid readers. :)although the list says 123.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamualaikum C,

    Count me in, I'm one of your readers! Am interested in reading how you home-school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa Salaamu Alaikum Ummu Madihah

    Hey the father is getting in on the act, lol and he made our son download some math worksheets. I also got more french books at the library including one about Alexander Graham Bell. Glad to know someone is still reading :)

    ReplyDelete