Friday, November 5, 2010

Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Course

I've already taken the beginners Wilton Cake Decorating course when I was pregnant for number 10. Shows like Cake Boss though really got me hooked on the idea of Fondant decorating. I went for the first time last night and I think that I like the first course better. Only time will tell though. In both classes I felt they were going too fast, yes I'm that annoying person who holds up the class. I like to learn by seeing but since there are too many students I never get enough one on one time and have to rely on verbal instructions from afar. I hate verbal instructions. I hate learning by listening period. I need to see something in front of me and not written instructions either but lots of pictures. Getting behind makes me stressed too and takes away from the enjoyment. Am I the only one who has this problem? School for me was totally ok when I was a kid because everything was visual; blackboard, filmstrips, overhead, books etc. I wish these cake decorating classes were one on one or that there was a big monitor to watch the proceedings instead of her showing one student and you having to crane your neck to see what's going on or relying on the dreaded step by step verbal instructions. What's worse is that I had to get all my supplies the day of the class because I only got accepted into the course because of a cancellation so I never had a chance to review anything ahead of time which would have helped a little. But Alhumdullilah that I had the opportunity for such a course because I know such frivolities are out of the reach of most people. I'll be posting my creations each week, feel free to laugh as I am the slowest one in my class and the weakest so far. Insha Allah I will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment